How to ask questions at VMworld
Okay, you are heading to VMworld and its your first time. You need to know how to behave in a crowd of over 10 thousand people and interact with the hoards.
Here are some of the possible questions/statements you might ask whilst you are there. There are also some things NOT to say.
The good ones are at the top, the fail ones are at the bottom, try to avoid the fail ones!
- What does your product/service do for me in my role as [insert job title here]?
- What customers have benefited from your product/service?
- Why would my CIO/CFO/CEO and/or my end users like your product or service?
- Do you have any ROI/TCO case studies I can review?
- I last looked at your product service [insert time here], what has been change/updated/removed since then?
- Can you give me a quick demonstration of your product/service?
- Do you support all versions and forms of VMware and its related product set? Are there any limits or restrictions I should be aware of?
- How do you service people in my city/state/region/country?
- What is your support policy?
- What is your pricing model?
- How are you different from your competitors?
- Here is my business card, could you send me some details after the show?
- Have you seen Chad Sakac anywhere?
- Do you have any free T-shirts?
- I have no relationship with you or your company and don't want to but do you have a free party on and can I have a ticket?
- Do you have anything thats free?
- Twitter is for my little sister.
- Can you send me something thats free?
- That vExpert had no idea what he/she was talking about, I sucker punched them with a question on the 3rd command line option for a depreciated function from 2.5, looser!
- Do I have to be here for the draw to win?
- I follow the yellow brick road, do you?
- Do you know where there is a booth that does have free stuff?
- Oh, I am sorry, I thought you were Scott Lowe. Anyhoo, have you seen Chad Sakac anywhere?
- No I did not bring business cards because I am not really interested in after show interaction and value, I am just here for the free stuff on the stands.
- I am looking for Gabe, well I was actually hoping he would have Brenda with him.
- Who is Foreigner?
- Well you are wearing a T-Shirt, can I have that one?