Mike DiPetrillo from VMware talks Cloud
Last week Mike DiPetrillo (@mikedipetrillo / http://www.mikedipetrillo.com/) finally came out from hiding. Mike is a veteran at VMware, being one of its early employees and one of the early people at VMware to adopt social media and blogging. Of late though Mike looks to have been missing in action. Well Mike has come out from hiding, a bit anyway.
- How VMware define Cloud and Mikes personal definition.
- The transition of traditional applications which are placed into the Cloud (Applications In the Cloud / AIC) and the new range of applications being built for the Cloud (Applications For the Cloud / AFC).
- What VMware are doing in assisting people with the building new style applications.
- The different skills and focus required when architecting Cloud environments.
- Some examples of the concepts or pitfalls organisations need to be aware of as they start to thing about building or moving to Cloud environments.
- Lastly Mike discusses the feature of VMware that he thinks is just way cool, after all he has been working with virtualization for longer than most of us. Also Mike reveals how ESX got its name. Do you know what the three letters stand for?